IMPORTANT: You must have your 1095-A before you file.
Don’t file your taxes until you have an accurate 1095-A .
- Your 1095-A includes information about Marketplace plans anyone in your household had in 2021.
- It comes from the Marketplace, not the IRS.
- Keep your 1095-As with your important tax information, like W-2 forms and other records.
How to find your 1095-A online
Note: Your 1095-A may be available in your HealthCare.gov report arsenic early as mid-january, or equally deep as February 1 .
- Log in to your HealthCare.gov account.
- Under “Your Existing Applications,” select your 2021 application — not your 2022 application.
- Select “Tax Forms” from the menu on the left.
- Download all 1095-As shown on the screen.
Get screen-by-screen directions, with pictures ( PDF, 306 KB ) .
Note: If you ca n’t find your 1095-A in your Marketplace account, contact the Marketplace Call Center .
What’s on Form 1095-A and why you need it
How to check Form 1095-A for accuracy & what to do if it’s wrong
- Carefully read the instructions on the back.
- Make sure it’s accurate. If anything about your coverage or household is wrong, contact the Marketplace Call Center. Think the “monthly enrollment premium” may be wrong? Read this before contacting the Call Center.
- Make sure the information about the “second lowest cost Silver Plan” (SLCSP) is correct.
How to know if your SLCSP information is correct
look at Part III, column B of your 1095-A, titled “ monthly moment lowest cost argent design ( SLCSP ) premium. ” It should show figures for each calendar month any family member had the Marketplace design .
The SLCSP premium is incorrect if :
- Part III, Column B has a “0” or is blank for any month someone in your household had the Marketplace plan
- You had changes in your household that you didn’t tell the Marketplace about — like having a baby, moving, getting married or divorced, or losing a dependent
If either applies to you, you ’ ll use our tax creature to get the agio for your second lowest price Silver plan .
Use the information from your 1095-A to “reconcile”
once you have an accurate 1095-A and second lowest cost Silver plan premium, you ’ re ready to fill out Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit .
See a bit-by-bit steer to reconciling your premium tax citation .
More Answers: Form 1095-A
- Why would I get more than one 1095-A ?
- credibly because one of these applies :
- You changed Marketplace plans during the year
- You updated your application with new information — like adding or removing a family member, or moving — that resulted in a new enrollment in your plan
- Different household members had different plans
- If there are more than 5 members on the same plan
- If you think you should have more than one 1095-A but don ’ t, or if any information looks incorrect, contact the Marketplace Call Center .
- What if I paid full price for a Marketplace plan ?
- You ’ ll get a 1095-A excessively. Part III, Column C should be blank or have the number “ 0. ”
- If you want to see if you qualify for a premium tax credit based on your final income, you can complete Form 8962 to find out.
- If you don’t qualify for a premium tax credit, you don’t have to include Form 8962 when you file your income taxes.
- Learn more about your taxes if you paid full price for a Marketplace plan.
- What if I had a Marketplace design for region of the year ?
- Your 1095-A should include information for lone the months you had a Marketplace plan. If you think it ’ sulfur incorrectly, contact the Marketplace Call Center .
- What if I think my monthly registration bounty is incorrect ?
- The “ monthly registration agio ” on Form 1095-A ( Part III, Column A ) may be different from the monthly premium you paid. This doesn ’ t always mean there are errors, because :
- Your plan included benefits in addition to the essential health benefits required by the health care law, like adult dental or vision benefits. In this case, the monthly enrollment premium on your Form 1095-A may show only the amount of your premium that applied to essential health benefits.
- You or a household member started or ended coverage mid-month. In this case, your Form 1095-A will show only the premium for the parts of the month coverage was provided.
- You were enrolled in a stand-alone dental plan and a dependent under 18 was enrolled in it. In this case, the monthly enrollment premium on your Form 1095-A may be higher than you expect because it includes a portion of the dental plan premiums for pediatric benefits.
- If any of these applied, the premium on your 1095-A is probably correct. If you hush think it ‘s wrong, contact the Marketplace Call Center. If the form has errors, you ‘ll be sent a corrected adaptation .
- What if I get a corrected 1095-A, but already filed my tax restitution using an earlier translation of the form ?
- You may need to file an amend refund using the information on your corrected 1095-A. Get information about amending returns from the IRS .
- How do I find a 1095-A for a previous year ?
Read more: Instant payments: get fast money transfers
- Follow these steps, but in step 2, choose your application for a previous year .