To learn more about the benefits of working with an freelancer policy agent, check out my blog, “ Benefits of an independent indemnity agent. ”
The policy company ( West Bend ) works in partnership with autonomous agent before and after the policy is sold. The insurance company :
- Determines premium by reviewing suggested coverages identified by your independent agent;
- Mails you a copy of your insurance policy;
- Handles your insurance payments;
- Makes changes to your policy as recommended by your agent or because of a life style change (i.e. new teen driver);
- Provides businesses with loss prevention strategies; and lastly
- Pays claims should a loss occur.
Please notice that an insurance policy is a contract. What ’ mho covered and not covered is specified in your policy. Please be sure to read your policy and talk to your independent agent thus you know how a future loss may be covered .
2. Company history/reputation. Research the policy companies you ’ re concerned in. By visiting their websites, you may learn :
- How long they’ve been in business;
- In which states they sell their products;
- Their mission, vision, and values;
- Company leadership;
- Community involvement;
- Types of products they sell; and
- Financial strength.
- It’s unlikely you’ll find a company with only positive reviews. If the information doesn’t answer all your questions or leaves you feeling not quite right about them, research another company. As with other purchasing decisions, you should be comfortable with your decision.
3. Understand the insurance company’s financial strength. If there ’ s a unmanageable claim situation, you don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate want to hear your insurance company can ’ t pay your claim because of its poor fiscal results. many policy companies work with autonomous denounce agencies that review many factors and the fiscal results in ordain to assign a letter class or score. Since 1971, West Bend has been rated A ( Excellent ) or better by A.M. Best Company which is recognized cosmopolitan as the benchmark for assessing insurers ‘ fiscal strength .
To learn more about the independent fink agencies, check out “ How to Assess the Financial Strength of an Insurance Company. ”
Read more: 8 Pro Tips on How to Hire a Contractor
4. Coverage. Select an policy ship’s company that provides appropriate coverage for your personal or business needs .
5. Price. While price should be a consideration when buying indemnity, it shouldn ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate be the only one. Remember the erstwhile suppose, “ You get what you pay for. ” There are many reasons why pricing differs between indemnity carriers. A lower price may mean you have less coverage. Less coverage means more money out of your pocket when a loss occurs. A lower monetary value may besides mean that insurance carrier has entered a modern market for them so it may not have the experience another insurance company would. Please spill to your agent about the differences .
6. Ease of doing business. Understand how you can interact with an policy company. Interactions may include :
- Online bill pay;
- Online claim reporting;
- 24/7 customer service;
- Social media platforms;
- Policy changes; and
- Billing questions.
7. Available discounts. many policy companies offer discounts. Find out what discounts apply to your situation. For exemplar, West Bend offers discounts for :
- Protective devices;
- Newer and updated homes;
- Specialized construction materials or methods;
- Financial stability;
- Multi-car families;
- Good students; and
- Anti-lock brakes.
West Bend besides offers discounts for associations, groups, or corporations participating in our innovative Association Plus® program .
8. The power of referrals. Each day we ’ re inundated with market and advertise messages that can be overwhelming. spill to family, friends, and co-workers to learn about their experiences with an indemnity caller.
Read more: A step-by-step guide to identity theft
Do you have any information you ’ d like to share ? I ’ d love to hear from you. Please share them in the comment box below .
hypertext transfer protocol : //www.iii.org/article/choosing-an-insurance-company
This article is intended for general educational and exemplifying purposes alone and should not be construed to communicate legal or professional advice. further, this article is not an offer to sell indemnity. Please consult with your license policy agent for specific coverage details and your insurance eligibility. All policies are subject to the terms, conditions, limitations, definitions, and exclusions contained therein .