What is a Texas Registered Agent ?
A Texas company doesn ’ t breathe or bleed, but that doesn ’ metric ton mean it can hide from the police. Texas registered agents act as the legal bespeak of contact for businesses in Texas, and every LLC, corporation, nonprofit and legally formed commercial enterprise entity in Texas must appoint one on their formation documents. That way anyone, at any time, can search for a business in the state database and find that caller ’ second legal point of contact—its Texas registered agentive role .
Your Texas registered agent must have a physical street address in Texas. This address will be published in the Texas populace criminal record, and it ’ s the place where official documents like serve of process ( should your business be sued ), will be delivered .
Starting a Texas clientele helps protect your assets by creating a legal separation between you—the survive, breathing individual—and your commercial enterprise affairs. Using a master register agent service is the best manner to maintain that separation. Texas registered agents allow companies to operate as companies and people to run and own them without having to transact clientele personally .
Our Texas Registered Agent Service Includes:
- Best deal ($35/Year) in the State of Texas
- Free mail forwarding! 5 regular mail scans per year, in addition to all of your legal mail.
- Free Phone Service for 60 days! A convenient virtual phone system you can take anywhere and use with any device.
- A physical Texas business address you can use to protect your privacy. List this address for yourself and every member, director and officer of your company.
- Reminders to file your Texas Franchise Tax Report.
- An online account where you can view, download and/or store important documents and track your Franchise Tax Report due dates.
- Access to our quick and easy business filing services.
- Instant access to all service of process and important documents. These are scanned and uploaded immediately into your online account.
- Forms for filing with the State of Texas, promulgated with our TX business address, immediately upon signing up.
- An email and invoice asking you to renew our service each year. No automatic charges.
- Same price every year.
- Flat rate annual fee for TX registered agents service. No forwarding fees, end of year fees or cancellation fees.
Our monetary value social organization is simple. You ’ ll be charged $ 35 initially for 1 year of Texas registered agent service. One class from nowadays, you ’ ll get a charge from us for $ 35 for an extra class of service. There are no other bills from us .
You can trust that you won ’ triiodothyronine get any scares on your credit poster statement after you hire us to act as your Texas registered agent—unless you hit the “ Submit Order ” button 5 times because you ’ re trying to place an order over a dull internet connection. Rest assured, there ’ s a fortune of icky internet in TX, and people do this. We ’ ve beaten our heads against a wall for years trying to figure out how to stop it. We don ’ metric ton want your money 5 times. If this happens, our account department WILL find it and refund any extra money you may have given us pronto .
We are the broken cost, high volume leader in all of Texas. You get our high-end tools, attention to detail, and real-time node support. You get the profit of our years of accumulating recur clients—which means we can offer you the best Texas registered agent service .
Our Texas registered agent service helps out of state of matter businesses register to do business in Texas, and keeps local Texas businesses in dear stand with the Texas Secretary of State. What puts our service head and shoulders above the rest ? It ’ mho all in the details :
- We provide built-in privacy protection, with a real Texas business address you can list for every member of your company.
- We scan your legal documents to you the same day we receive them, and notify you instantly once they’re in your account.
- We include free basic mail forwarding—5 non-legal mail scans to your account each year, at no extra cost.
- We also include a risk-free 60 day trial of Phone Service for your business (just $9 a month to maintain after that).
Texas Registered Agents: The Lowdown
Our military service is exhaustive, complete and will provide you with everything you ’ ll need a Texas registered agent to do. We besides want to make sure we provide you with adenine a lot cognition as we possibly can. Below, you ’ ll find answers to the questions we respond to the most. If you don ’ thyroxine see what you ’ re search for, please tear us an e-mail or call option.
When Do You Need a Texas Registered Agent?
- Texas LLC: on the LLC Certificate of Formation
- Texas corporation: on the corporation Certificate of Formation
- Out of state registrations: on the application for registration
- Any business entity registering with the Texas Secretary of State
sometimes you may be doing a continue in motor hotel and the judge will want you to appoint a third base party registered agent because you ’ ve been a little blue and hard to track down .
legal requirements aside, you may want to hire a professional Texas registered agent merely to protect your privacy. If you run a home-based clientele and wear ’ metric ton want to list your residential cover on the public record, using a Texas registered agent service ( like ours ) will allow you to leave your personal information off of your country documents—and aid you avoid towers of junk mail .
Why is a Texas Registered Agent Required?
Every business operating in Texas needs to have a way to get legally notified. Without these requirements, businesses could hide from the general populace. The Texas registered agent prerequisite gives anyone a means to legally complain to a occupation. By looking up a party ’ sulfur registered agent and merely sending a certified letter, you have legally notified that company. These requirements are a good thing for the cosmopolitan public .
What Does a Texas Registered Agent Do?
- A Texas registered agent accepts mail and legal notices for LLCs, corporations, or any business entity.
- Texas registered agents are listed on company registration paperwork given to the TX SOS.
- The individual or company listed as your registered agent on your corporate registration must be at their physical registered office address during regular business hours.
Who Can Be a Texas Registered Agent?
According to Texas Business Organizations Code Sec. § 5.201 ( b-complex vitamin ), a Texas registered agent can be :
- An individual bona fide Texas resident
- A business entity that has a Texas registered office address
Who Cannot Be a Texas Registered Agent?
- The same company that you’re forming or registering
- The Texas Secretary of State
- A Texas government agency such as the Comptroller
- Anyone without a permanent physical Texas address
Who Shouldn’t Be Your Registered Agent?
- Any online incorporation service selling the service like it’s hamburgers or including it for free.
- National registered agent services that have to hire a local company like us to maintain their office in Texas.
What are a Texas Registered Agent’s Duties?
According to Texas Business Organizations Code Sec. § 5.201 ( d ), every Texas registered agent must :
- Provide a physical address in Texas (the registered office)
- Be at that address during business hours
- Accept mail and legal notices for the business entity it is listed as the agent for
- Forward any documents received to the business entity contact
Are Registered Agent Consents Required?
Registered Agent Consent forms are antiquated relics from a time when reliable internet service was rare, people even used telephone books, and cell phones were rigorously for conversations. If you were to ask us this question in 2010, we would say yes—but that was a ten ago. It ’ mho no longer a requirement for your registered agent to give their written accept in the State of Texas. furthermore, if you want to file it with the state, they ’ ll take your money to the tune of an extra $ 15. You appoint the register agent when you make a filing with the Secretary of State. When you sign up with us, we consent to be your registered agent by providing the service, a paid bill, and proof of active service in your account .
That said, if a Registered Agent Consent form is crucial to you, dang it, it ’ mho authoritative to us excessively ! If you ’ d like our written accept, respond to our welcome e-mail with whatever consent form you ’ d like filled out we ’ ll sign it and email it second to you within the hour. We admire you for doing what feels right to you regardless of what decade it is .
What If I Don’t Maintain a Registered Agent?
The Texas Secretary of State will dissolve your domestic Texas company. If you ’ re a alien company doing business here, it will revoke your authority to do occupation in Texas.
Read more: How to Set Up Google Voice | Digital Trends
How to Change Registered Agents in Texas
- Choose a new registered agent service
- Verify you have the correct physical address
- Fill out the change of registered agent and office form
- Cut a check for $15 made payable to “Texas Secretary of State”
- Mail in your filing and payment to: TX SOS PO Box 13697 Austin, TX 78711-3697
- Check your company by doing a Texas name search here and make sure they follow through with the filing
OR— An incredible option to wasting half your day with all that would be just to pay us $ 35 to be your register agent, check the box that you ’ d like us to deal with the paperwork of changing of your registered agent, and you ’ ll be done .
Why Choose Texan Registered Agent?
Thank you for the time you ’ ve exhausted reading through this page, checking out our little company, and giving us the opportunity to earn your business. For every one of our clients we include a real Texas business address, free basic mail forwarding ( up to 5 regular mail scans per year ), a dependable on-line report, and same-day scans of your incoming legal mail—all for fair 35 bucks a class .
If you ’ re still reading this and are not convinced that we ’ re the best option for your company, I equitable don ’ thymine know what else to say. You could give us a address or shoot us an e-mail, but I ’ m not sure we have much left in the cooler to convince you we ’ re the best cross-file agent service, for the best conduct, in all of Texas. An even easier option ? Sign up and try us out. You won ’ triiodothyronine be disappointed. This is all we do, and we ’ d like to think we ’ re pretty amazing at it .