1. Include the Vehicle Identification Number
This is the centrifugal count or serial numeral required for identification purposes. It can be found on the vehicle ‘s registration and Certificate of Title. It can besides be found on the vehicle itself .
2. Include the Year, Model and Make of the Vehicle
This information can besides be found on the registration and entitle of the vehicle being sold.
Reading: How to Fill Out a Bill of Sale Form
3. Include the Odometer Mileage Reading
Including this in the charge of sale may be optional or mandatary in some cases, but it is encouraged. It ‘s frequently required that the odometer read is listed on the title when the sales transaction is being completed. The seller may be required to sign an Odometer Reading Disclosure. If the reading is only included on the style and not on the seller ‘s replicate of the bill of sale, the seller may not have the odometer mileage read for his or her records, which is authoritative information and should be kept as separate of the records .
4. Include the License Plate Number (in Some states)
If your submit requires that the license plates be included with the vehicle as it ‘s being sold and transferred to a new owner, this is a necessity. however, if your state designates that the seller must keep the license plates, this information is not necessary for the bill of sale.
Read more: How to Set Up Google Voice | Digital Trends
5. Include the Motorcycle Engine # (if the Vehicle Is a Motorcycle)
6. Clearly Print the Name of the Buyer(s) and the Seller(s)
7. Include the Month, Day and Year of the Sale
8. Include the Selling Price Amount in Numerical Dollars and Cents
If the fomite is a gift, you will need to indicate the relationship ( rear, spouse, ally, etc. ) and the value of the endowment vehicle .
9. Obtain the Seller’s Information
Seller ‘s print identify, followed by touch, date, and driver ‘s license, ID or dealer ‘s issue. Include seller ‘s mail savoir-faire with city, country, zip up code and daytime telephone number .
10. Obtain the Buyer’s Information
Buyer ‘s print name, mailing address, city, state and slide fastener code. Buyer may include the same information required for the seller, but the extra information is optional.
Read more: 8 Top Dividend Index Funds | The Motley Fool
11. Duplicate the Bill of Sale
All copies should be identical .
12. Distribute Copies of the Bill of Sale
Both the buyer and seller should receive copies of the bill of sale class. It ‘s important for the buyer to keep the poster of sale with the title of the fomite for registration and license purposes, if necessity. however, all parties should keep them for their own personal records .