- If you’re using QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic/Standard, see Pay and file your payroll taxes and forms manually in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
- If you’re using QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted, we pay and file your taxes and forms for you.
- If you need to e-file and e-pay for your state taxes, see E-file and e-pay state forms and taxes in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced
Step 1: Set up federal e-file and e-pay
You need to make certain that you ‘ve set up for Federal e-file and e-pay in QuickBooks Desktop .
Step 2: E-pay your federal taxes
To ensure your federal payments are made on time, note the watch : To e-pay in QuickBooks Desktop :
Read more: How to Set Up Google Voice | Digital Trends
- Go to Employees, then select Payroll Center.
- Select the Pay Liabilities tab.
- In the Pay Taxes & Other Liabilities section, select the liability to pay, and select the View/Pay button.
- Review the liability details for accuracy.
- Select E-Pay.
- In the E-Pay Login window, enter your 4-digit EFTPS PIN and other login information.
Note: If you have recently changed the bank account for your e-payment, use your new PIN.
- Select Submit.
- You can print the confirmation notice that appears, indicating that Intuit has received your request and will submit your e-payment to the correct agency.
- Select Close.
You ’ ll get an e-mail confirmation within 24-48 hours. To check the status, see Check e-file or e-pay status. Check out this video recording on how to pay payroll taxes and liabilities
Step 3: E-file your federal forms
- Go to Employees, select Payroll Tax Forms and W-2s, then select Process Payroll Forms.
- Select the federal form you need to file from the list.
- Select Create Form. Choose the form filing period, then select OK.
- Review each part of the form. You can select Check for errors, then make necessary corrections.
- Select Submit Form. Then select E-file.
- Enter your 10-digit IRS Efile pin and follow onscreen instructions to continue filing the form.
You ’ ll get an electronic mail confirmation within 24-48 hours. To check the status, see Check e-file or e-pay status. Check out this video recording on how to file your union forms