These terms and conditions govern your use of the Find a CFP® Professional Search feature of speech on Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. ’ south ( “ CFP Board ” ) Let ’ s Make a Plan website ( www.LetsMakeAPlan.org ) .
Before using Find a CFP® Professional, you must read and agree to
Reading: How to Choose a Planner
- these terms and conditions, and
CFP Board publishes the Find a CFP® Professional as a citation source about CFP® professionals in the United States. It does not include all CFP® professionals – only those who choose to be included .
Find a CFP® Professional may be used only by
- members of the public to locate CFP® professionals and obtain information about them, and
- individual CFP® professionals or their staff to view their own listings or those of colleagues .
You may only use Find a CFP® Professional ( angstrom well as any of its data, listings, or other component elements ) in the ways we describe in these Terms and Conditions. You may not
- modify, download, republish, sell, license, duplicate, “ abrasion, ” or otherwise exploit the information – in solid or in share, or
- use the information to offer products or services to CFP® professionals .
CFP Board may block your consumption of this search tool indefinitely if it determines that you are using it for a different determination .
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liabilities
CFP Board verifies that the individuals accessible through Find a CFP® Professional presently hold CFP® authentication, however
- if a CFP® professional is included in this search feature, it does not imply that CFP Board refers, endorses, or recommends the CFP® professional, and
- if a CFP® professional is omitted from this search feature, it does not indicate CFP Board ’ s disapproval.
CFP Board besides provides information about whether or not the individuals accessible through Find a CFP® Professional
- have been disciplined publicly by CFP Board, or
- have made a bankruptcy disclosure to CFP Board that is scheduled to remain on CFP Board ’ s web site according to the CFP Board Bankruptcy Disclosure Procedures that were in consequence until June 30, 2020 .
CFP® professionals provide all other information disclosed through Find a CFP® Professional. CFP Board does not verify and is not responsible for the accuracy, dependability, or completeness of the information that a CFP® professional has provided .
For example, CFP Board does not verify that CFP® professionals focus their practices in the specific areas they designate .
It is your province to ask the CFP® master about his or her have. You should interview and evaluate several fiscal professionals to find the one who is right for you. You will want to select a competent, qualified professional with whom you feel comfortable and who suits your fiscal planning needs. For sample questions to ask when interviewing a fiscal adviser, visit www.LetsMakeAPlan.org.
other than what we provide in these terms, CFP Board makes no representations or warranties of any nature – carry or implied – with deference to the information obtained through Find a CFP® Professional, including whether the information is accurate or dispatch. The material included in or available through Find a CFP® Professional is for informational purposes alone and is provided on an “ AS IS ” basis .
When you rely upon the information obtained through Find a CFP® Professional, you do sol at your own hazard. CFP Board does not warrant or guarantee the influence of any CFP® professional. You assume full duty for any interactions you have with a CFP® professional you contact .
CFP Board is not liable for
- any decision you make or action you take when relying on information obtained from Find a CFP® Professional, or
- any damages ( including incidental, consequential, and punitive damages ) resulting immediately or indirectly from your manipulation of a CFP® Professional or your inability to use Find a CFP® Professional whether based on guarantee, abridge, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not CFP Board is aware or has been advised of the hypothesis of such damages .
CFP Board provides links to the following websites that may provide other information about CFP® professionals :
- the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority ’ sulfur ( FINRA ) BrokerCheck web site ( for professionals who are subject to FINRA ’ s oversight ) ,
- the Securities and Exchange Commission ’ mho ( SEC ) Investment Adviser Public Disclosure web site ( for those who are subject to the SEC ’ s oversight ),
- the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency ’ sulfur ( OCC ) Enforcement Actions web site ( for those individuals who are subject to OCC oversight ), and
- the websites for the north american Securities Administrators Association and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, which provide contact data for express securities regulators and express policy departments .
CFP Board is not creditworthy for the accuracy, dependability, or completeness of the data on these websites. When you use or rely on these websites, CFP Board can not be held creditworthy or liable ( directly or indirectly ) for any loss or damage resulting from the contentedness, goods, or services available on these websites .